Administrative Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
About Alfred State College:
Nestled in a beautiful valley in the Southern Tier of New York, Alfred State has a long tradition of drawing the best faculty and staff from every field. This College of Technology offers outstanding opportunities in more than 70 majors, where project-based learning, sustainability, and civic engagement are cornerstones of the curricula. When students work on real-world problems, they learn how to think, not what to think, and they learn how to be involved in their community. That is why Alfred State graduates have a 99 percent employment and transfer rate.
Our faculty is dedicated to teaching and the academic success of our students. Alfred State seeks educators who are student-centered and engage in the life of the College. Our tenure process emphasizes teaching and university service with a more flexible approach to scholarship and professional growth.
The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management reports to the Executive Vice President. As a member of the President’s Council, the Associate Vice President collaborates with senior administrators in strategic planning. The AVP oversees the Offices of Admissions; Student Records & Financial Services, which includes Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and Records; Marketing Communications; and Print and Mail Services. The AVP provides leadership and support in advancing the overall enrollment goals of the college and works collaboratively with college constituencies to develop a comprehensive enrollment management plan. While meeting enrollment goals is a campus-wide responsibility, the Associate Vice President has the primary responsibility to coordinate and direct the recruitment/enrollment efforts for all new and transfer students entering the College.
- Responsible for the efficient management and operation of the Enrollment Management area
- Coordinate and lead the work of the Offices of Admissions, Student Records & Financial Services, Marketing Communications, and Print and Mail Services
- Lead the Enrollment Management area in support of the College’s Strategic Plan
- Ensure that routine communication occurs within the Enrollment Management area
- Serve as a member of the President’s Council participating in strategic planning, campus-wide budget development, and policy creation
- Serve as a member of the Executive Vice President’s management team, actively collaborating in divisional planning of short- and long-term goals and objectives
- Responsible for the achievement of new and transfer enrollment goals
- Provide input in the development of new academic programs
- Work with Enrollment Management area offices to establish annual goals and metrics
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan
- Develop recruitment and admission initiatives to meet enrollment targets
- Develop and monitor department budgets
- Ensure individual Enrollment Management areas develop and implement annual operational plans
- Ensure adherence to up-to-date, well-defined policies and procedures
- Responsible for the development, monitoring, and analysis of Enrollment Management area budgets
- Responsible for the supervision of area directors/leaders and an administrative assistant including the development of performance programs, completion of evaluations, and filling of vacancies according to established procedures
- Maintain a work environment in which participation, collaboration, respect, and excellence are fostered
- Ensure all communications and documents for students and campus constituents are accurately produced and distributed
- Responsible for the integrity of Enrollment Management offices ensuring adherence to federal, state, SUNY, and campus regulations and policies
- Ensure all published information relevant to the Enrollment Management area and the recruitment of students is accurate, up-to-date, and meets reporting requirements
- Complete required reports and surveys; coordinate with Institutional Research to ensure consistent data reporting when appropriate
- Ensure all Enrollment Management areas are providing excellent customer service
- Support the expansion of printing services through SUNY shared services and appropriate external clients as resources support
- Serve as the Enrollment Management primary spokesperson to the campus community, general public, and at college recruitment functions
- Meet all deadlines and ensure projects are completed accurately and on a timely basis
- Participate in appropriate professional organizations and training opportunities
- Support opportunities for professional growth for staff members
- Participate in relevant on-campus committees
- Keep informed of developments in the field of enrollment management in order to recommend improvements and advancements to ensure the College is competitive, efficient, and operations with initiative and innovation, meeting enrollment targets
The successful candidate will be a team-oriented enrollment management professional with a track record of inspiring leadership, collaboration, and enrollment success. He/she will understand the role of a college providing high-quality technical education in a project-based learning environment. He/she will have a history of relationship-building that has resulted in the successful recruitment and retention of a diverse student population.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and 10+ years of increasingly responsible, administrative experience in enrollment management operations and staff management
- Supervisory experience with the traditional recruitment of freshmen and transfer students
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills,
- Significant, successful experience in higher education including budgetary and personnel responsibilities, strategic planning, data collection/analysis, and program development,
- Experience with current best practices in enrollment management/admission processes,
- A history of collaborative, proactive, ethical, and dynamic leadership resulting in meeting or exceeding enrollment targets,
- Experience working with financial aid, marketing, billing, and records functions at the college level,
- Experience with client relationship management systems
Pursuant to University policy, Alfred State College is committed to ensuring equal employment, education opportunity, and equal access to services, programs, and activities without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, gender characteristics, marital status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or ex-offender status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely based upon a protected characteristic.
All applicants are subject to a criminal, employment, and educational background check.
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for the College at http://www.alfredstate.edu/university-police/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report. Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the SUNY Alfred State College University Police Department at 607-587-3999.
Application Instructions: All applicants must upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/bv523vmtrdqr7374