Faculty Assistant Professor, Dept. of Secondary Education and Educational Leadership
Rank: Assistant Professor
Tenure Information: Tenure Track
The Department of Secondary Education and Educational Leadership (SEEL) invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position. The mission of the department is to prepare educators and related professionals to teach, lead, and serve in a diverse and evolving global society. Successful candidates will be staff members who can work with their colleagues to help meet the mission of the department in serving and supporting our racially and ethnically diverse campus community.
Bridgewater State University is an inclusive community dedicated to the lifelong success of all students; focused on the continuous improvement of its people; and is responsible for leading innovation that benefits Southeastern Massachusetts, the commonwealth, and the world. Bridgewater’s accessible environment of teaching and learning stimulates critical thinking and the pursuit of new knowledge and deeper understanding. The teaching and learning environment at Bridgewater also cultivates meaningful and diverse interpersonal relationships and fosters an appreciation for global engagement aimed at transforming lives and improving the human condition.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is reflected in our institutional values, which ensure that all students are supported and succeed.
Bridgewater State University is equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups, and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Department of Secondary Education and Educational Leadership (SEEL) invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position. The successful candidate will educate students primarily in the online Masters in Higher Education Administration program. Responsibilities may also include teaching and advising in the department’s other programs which include Educational Leadership Ed.S., Masters in Educational Leadership, Accelerated Post-Baccalaureate (initial teacher licensure), Education Masters Core and undergraduate Secondary Education major.
The successful candidate will display effective practices for diversity, equity, and inclusion. Other responsibilities to be carried out by the selected candidate may include teaching, advising, practicum supervision at the department’s graduate and undergraduate level, licensure and non-licensure Educational Leadership programs, and other department, college, and university contract obligations.
Successful applicants will collaborate with Educational Leadership and departmental faculty and engage with College of Education & Health Sciences colleagues and other internal and external partners in the assessment, refinement, and expansion of existing programs. This position requires regularly scheduled office hours for student consultation. Additional responsibilities may include recruiting, pre-admission advising, mentoring graduate students, and other related duties as assigned and/or required.
Required Qualifications:Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Educational Leadership or Higher Education Administration, or Education from Preschool through graduate School Administration or closely related discipline by September 1, 2023.
- Five or more years of experience in higher education administration.
- Demonstrated ability to design and teach online graduate and undergraduate courses utilizing effective online/hybrid teaching strategies to promote student learning.
- Experience in program assessment and evaluation utilizing state and national accreditation standards.
- Applicants have demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and advising, and to professional work in a multicultural environment that embraces excellence, diversity, multiple perspectives, equity, and inclusion.
- Evidence of scholarly contribution to educational leadership, and a commitment to inclusive and equitable P-16 public education.
- Applicants must have the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and use technology effectively in teaching and learning.
Preferred applicants will demonstrate experience:
- With State, National, and Professional accreditation, including the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS).
- P-12 School administration
- Record of professional activities commensurate with the rank of assistant professor
- Recruiting and advising students.
- Contributing to university communities.
- Work with diverse and/or at-risk student populations.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement This position must comply with the University Covid-19 Attestation requirement. All non-unit employees – non-unit professional, non-unit classified, temporary hourly staff – must be fully vaccinated and complete the Covid-19 Attestation upon hire.
Medical or Religious Exemptions
An employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on the existence of medical contraindication to vaccination. In addition, an employee may request an exemption to the vaccination requirement based on a sincere religious belief. In both cases, an employee will be required to submit documentation to support the request for an exemption. Employees who secure an exemption may be required to take additional precautions in the workplace and will be required to participate in weekly COVID-19 testing through the university’s Wellness Center.
Posting Number: F00413P
Open Date: 10/25/2022
Close Date: 11/27/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
- A minimum of three (3) professional reference entries in space provided on the application form.
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Equity and Inclusion Statement- a personal statement on a candidate’s past efforts to enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion. The equity and inclusion statement is an opportunity for candidates to discuss scholarship, professional skills, and demonstrable experience that would enhance the university’s efforts to promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. Equity and inclusion statements will be considered as part of a transparent and comprehensive review of candidates’ application materials.
To apply, visit https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/23960
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.