Administrative Vice President for Student Development and Campus Life
Christian Brothers University (CBU) seeks an innovative, collaborative and experienced leader to serve as founding Vice President for Student Development and Campus Life. The vice president will work in collaboration with President Jack Shannon to lead CBU to its next level of student success and excellence in education.
CBU is a private, coeducational university founded in 1871 by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, a Roman Catholic teaching order. Located on a 75-acre campus in Memphis, Tennessee, the University prepares students for professional careers and lives of moral responsibility and constructive community involvement. The student body is comprised of 1,775 traditional undergraduate, adult and graduate students (approximately 52% female and 48% male) from 30 states and 28 countries. CBU is a very diverse institution. Approximately 40% of CBU’s students are of color and 6% are international. 42% of first full time freshmen are Pell eligible, and a significant number are dreamers, receiving support through The Dream.US program.
The Vice President for Student Development and Campus Life will report directly to the President and serve as a member of CBU’s Executive Leadership Team. This is a new vice presidency at CBU, created in recognition of the significance of the co-curricular experience, engagement in the life of the campus and the community, and personal development to the education of the whole person and to student success. The Student Life offices currently report through the Associate Vice President for Student Development and Campus Life and Primary Title IX Coordinator to the Vice President for Academics and Student Life.
The Vice President will possess the following qualifications:
- Strong affinity for the Lasallian mission of CBU, ability to advance it, and courage to lead consistent with that mission;
- Deep knowledge of student development theory and ability to implement best practices throughout the Division;
- Experience in the development and implementation of strategic plans;
- Skills in budget modeling, resource management and development;
- Strategic decision-making skills and experience;
- Ability to achieve positive results with limited human and financial resources and creativity in addressing space needs;
- Experience in mentoring and developing staff and commitment to a culture of evidence and accountability;
- Strong advocacy skills and ability to educate colleagues about the appropriate role of student life in the University;
- Enthusiasm for the development of collaborative relationships with faculty and staff across the campus;
- Strong listening, speaking and writing skills;
- Optimism, approachability, transparency, empathy, and a sense of humor; and
- An advanced degree required, with a terminal degree preferred.
To ensure full consideration by the search committee, completed applications are due by March 20, 2020. The search page, which includes the Executive Search Profile and application and nomination links, is located here.
RH Perry & Associates is assisting Christian Brothers University in their search. Please direct all confidential communications to: Dr. Jean Scott, Senior Consultant, at 740-525-4790, or Mr. Matthew Kilcoyne, Managing Partner, at 202-253-9846, or to CBUVPSD@rhperry.com.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wmw6xr2xbzfs8cg8