Professional Research Scientist – Fairness, Equity, Validity and Efficacy
Educational Testing Service (ETS), with headquarters in Princeton, NJ, is a global not for profit organization whose mission is to advance quality and equity in education. With approximately 2,500 global employees, we develop, administer and score more than 50 million tests annually in more than 180 countries at more than 9,000 locations worldwide. Our testing populations include students in K-12, applicants to undergraduate and graduate programs, prospective teachers and individuals seeking employment in a range of industries around the world.
Our Center for Equity is seeking a passionate Research Scientist committed to issues of social justice to join a team of researchers specializing in special education, school psychology, measurement, statistics, evaluation, economics, and policy research on exploring test fairness, especially with respect to emerging technologies; and examining issues of access and equity in education. The Center will play a leading role in designing, developing and evaluating the next generation of socio-culturally responsive assessments.
In this key position you will conceptualize, propose, direct, and collaborate on projects and, when appropriate, seek external funding for research. The Research Scientist will be part of a team investigating approaches to reducing inequities in learning opportunities and outcomes, contributing to new knowledge and capability, and applying that new knowledge and capability to improve ETS products and services.
- Develop and implement an innovative research agenda in one or more areas of Center focus on fairness, equity, validity or efficacy in learning and assessment
- Collaborate with teams of external and internal ETS researchers on activities that advance ETS’s research and assessment programs and services
- Manage research projects, involving staff assignment and scheduling, budgeting, acquisition and utilization of equipment and interaction with other areas of R&D
- Document and disseminate the research results in a variety of outlets
- Lead or participate in efforts to seek external research funding
- Provide ongoing thought leadership to testing programs, R&D management, or other ETS management concerns
- Develop external professional relationships; become involved in one or more activities sponsored by relevant professional organizations
- A Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Education, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Economics, Educational Measurement, Quantitative Psychology, or a related field is required.
- At least five years of progressively independent research experience.
- Demonstrated expertise and record of conducting research related to one or more of the following:
- Fairness and equity in learning or assessment
- Fairness research in AI and digital assessment methods
- Validity research in learning or assessment
- Experimental and quasi-experimental design as applied to intervention studies related to education and assessment
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. For a full list of position responsibilities and to apply please visit the following link: Research Scientist, Fairness, Equity, Validity and Efficacy
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE requires all new hires to either certify that they have been fully vaccinated or request and obtain an exemption due to medical or religious reasons by their start date.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is a Drug-free workplace.