Faculty Instruction and Classroom Support Technician 1 – Aviation/Advanced Avionics
Join a team of people committed to creating the next generation of aviation technicians. Our aviation program is a key player in a regional and state-wide effort to build a world class employee base for emerging technologies in the rapidly growing field.
Assist the Program Manager in providing instructional and technical support for aviation and advanced avionics labs. Assist in ensuring that appropriate tools, parts, and equipment are available, well-maintained, and in operational order and that the labs are prepared and ready for projects as schedule dictates. Assist in maintaining appropriate student, staff, and facility safety. Works directly with students, assisting them with necessary support for the accomplishment of aviation and avionics projects and theory assignments. Reports to Associate Dean of Aviation.
- FAAAMT Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings (or ability to obtain)
- Mechanical aptitude and a willingness to learn
- Adapts in changing environments; able to be flexible in shifting projects or priorities to meet needs
- Professional, ethical, and appropriate in all public and private interactions
- Able to meet deadlines and manage stress well
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse groups to achieve goals
- Comfortable and proficient in communicating and operating in a virtual environment
- Ability to complete required training for specialty equipment
- Can safely operate basic hand or power tools to create simple objects for use by the faculty (e.g. shipping crates, jigs, and cradles)
- Understands basic construction principles
- Must possess a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license
$33,336 to $43,344 per year plus benefits. This is a full time, 12 month position.
Hours typically Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. during summer quarter. Beginning fall quarter 2018, 1:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. to support evening classes. Schedule may vary depending on department needs.