The Georgian Court University community and President Joseph Marbach seek a Provost to provide innovative programmatic development, student-centered, collaborative and interdisciplinary leadership, and external relationship-building.
Founded in 1908 and sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Georgian Court University is a leading regional university that provides a transformative education, preparing students for ethical leadership and service in the Catholic Mercy tradition. Georgian Court’s 156-acre campus is located in Lakewood, New Jersey, along the shore of scenic Lake Carasaljo. Philadelphia and New York City are each approximately 60 miles from campus and the Jersey Shore is 10 miles east of campus.
Georgian Court University’s School of Arts & Sciences, School of Business & Digital Media, and School of Education offer 33 undergraduate and 10 graduate programs with numerous concentrations, certificate programs, and areas of minor study. GCU’s strong liberal arts core and commitment to historically underserved communities create an environment that supports diversity and academic excellence. Anchored by the Mercy core values of respect, integrity, compassion, service, and justice, Georgian Court serves nearly 2,500 students of all faiths and backgrounds. GCU is fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, with that accreditation reaffirmed in March of 2019.
Key essential responsibilities for the Provost include:
- Working collegially to accomplish the goals of The Strategic Compass….for Even a Better Tomorrow, Georgian Court’s strategic plan.
- Working collaboratively with Enrollment Management to increase admissions, retention and persistence to meet GCU’s strategic goals by executing the Strategic Enrollment Plan.
- Implementing sustainable new or revised undergraduate programs, new graduate programs and non-degree programs to increase enrollment and meet the needs of GCU’s student populations.
- Providing consistent academic programmatic quality across delivery formats and geographical site locations, thus ensuring that all students have equitable access to services and facilities.
- Integrating the core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice, and service in all aspects of management, leadership and interpersonal communications.
Key qualifications for the Provost include:
- An earned doctorate from a regionally-accredited institution.
- A distinguished record of teaching, scholarship and service that demonstrates commitment to academic excellence and merits appointment as a full professor.
- A proven record of success in progressively responsible academic administrative roles, preferably at the dean level or above.
- Evidence of fostering excellence in teaching, scholarship and service in both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- A strong commitment to GCU’s Catholic identity and mission, its special concern for women, and the Mercy core values of respect, integrity, justice, service and compassion.
To ensure full consideration, completed applications are due by October 15th, 2019. The search page, which includes the Executive Search Profile and application and nomination links, is located here.
RH Perry & Associates is assisting Georgian Court University in their search. Please direct all confidential communications to: Dr. Sue DeWine, Senior Consultant, and Mr. Matthew Kilcoyne, Managing Partner, at GCUProvost@rhperry.com.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/4g8mm743v7yxznkx