Administrative Vice Provost for Student Academic Success and Enrollment Management
The Division of Academic Affairs at James Madison University invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice Provost for Student Academic Success and Enrollment Management. The Vice Provost reports to the Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs and serves as a member of the Provost’s leadership team.
This new position will advance JMU’s commitment to the academic success of our students. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to align and consolidate a number of student-related services including University Advising, Learning Centers, Academic Student Services, the Office of the Registrar and the Honor Council. The other area of responsibility is leadership of the division of academic affairs’ enrollment management initiatives, working closely with offices in other divisions including the Office of Admissions and the Office of Financial Aid. Significant focus areas include advising, transfer and retention in the context of ensuring that we address the varied and evolving needs of our diverse student populations.
The Vice Provost will supervise a number of highly skilled and effective leaders including the University Registrar, the Director of University Advising, the Director of Pre-Professional Health Advising, the Executive Director of the Learning Centers, the Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Student Services and the faculty adviser to the Honor Council. The Vice Provost will integrate a number of cross-division services and initiatives focused on improving the experience of transfer students.
Primary responsibilities include:
Student Academic Success
- Providing oversight of student academic progress which includes Learning Centers, University Advising and Honor Council
- Facilitating robust transfer services for all students regardless of entry-point
- Responding to student/parent concerns
- Working closely with admissions and financial aid
- Providing oversight for developing and maintaining transfer articulation agreements
- Partnering with academic affairs leadership to develop and facilitate strategies for consistent and transparent enrollment management across all of the colleges
The Vice Provost for Student Academic Success and Enrollment Management will be a highly respected academic leader with the following qualifications:
- Earned terminal degree
- Academic credentials and record of professional achievement commensurate with the position of a senior academic leader of the university
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, effectively communicate them to others and make decisions, even difficult ones, in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated commitment to access, inclusivity and diversity
- Demonstrated commitment to student development and academic excellence
- Demonstrated experience in enrollment management
- Demonstrated skills and personal attributes to be an effective advocate for academic affairs within a collegial context, both within the university and with external entities
- Demonstrated supervision experience
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled with review of applications to begin on October 28. Note that only complete submissions uploaded to the JobLink website will be considered by the search committee. To apply visit http://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/6380 or go to JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number F1374. A complete submission consists of the faculty application (including the names and contact information of three references); letter of application; a current curriculum vitae; and a concise statement describing how the applicant’s vision and experience align with the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, specifically addressing experience in access, inclusivity and diversity (uploaded as Other Document #1). Individuals wishing to nominate candidates should submit a letter of nomination and complete contact information for the nominee to Marilou Johnson, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
This is a 12-month, tenure-eligible, Administrative & Professional Faculty appointment. The desired start date is July 1, 2020.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/547vby4xt9b2vc6b