Faculty Assistant Professor, Public Health
The College of Health Sciences at Lenoir-Rhyne University is seeking applications for a tenure-track appointment in Public Health, most likely at the Assistant Professor rank, beginning August 2021. The successful candidate will serve as a core faculty member in the CEPH accredited MPH Program with the potential for collateral teaching assignments in other Health Science programs based on qualifications and need.
- Candidates must hold a doctoral degree in public health (or related health science field), with demonstrated competency and experience.
- A graduate degree from a CEPH-accredited program/school is preferred.
- CHES, MCHES, or CPH certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in online course deliveries is required.
- Candidates must demonstrate a strong interest and/or experience in Community Health and Community Engagement, and a commitment to health equity.
- The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to the teaching mission of the University and the MPH program, mentor MPH students, serve on Capstone committees, and actively engage with the communities we serve. The mission of the MPH program at Lenoir-Rhyne is to provide a well-rounded professional education that offers instruction through open-minded inquiry and assessment, research opportunities with real community benefit, and service learning in diverse settings that enrich the development of public health professionals.
In pursuit of the development of the whole person, Lenoir-Rhyne University seeks to liberate mind and spirit, clarify personal faith, foster physical wholeness, build a sense of community, and promote responsible leadership for service in the world. Affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), Lenoir-Rhyne promotes a diverse campus open to people from all religious backgrounds. It is an EOE/AA employer under all applicable civil rights laws. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
Lenoir-Rhyne University and the College of Health Sciences are committed to providing an environment for learning, working and living that promotes equal opportunity, inclusion, and non-discrimination for its faculty, staff, students, contractors, and visitors.
In our work, all are welcome regardless of race/ethnicity, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, disabilities, health status, religion, regional background, Veteran status, citizenship status, nationality and other diverse identities that we each bring.
The success of an inclusive environment relies on the participation, support, and understanding of all. We encourage diverse views, and understand that we expect all to engage respectfully and with regard to the dignity of all others.
To complete the online application, candidates are directed to https://www.lr.edu/employment.
While completing the application, candidates will be prompted to submit
- Letter of Application,
- The application letter should discuss specifically how one’s professional experiences and perspectives relate to the needs of the position and of Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Curriculum Vitae (including the names and addresses of three references),
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy and Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion.
Lenoir-Rhyne University is a co-educational, private comprehensive liberal arts institution founded in 1891, with its traditional campus located in Hickory, North Carolina, a town of over 40,000, and additional campuses in Asheville and Columbia, SC. Situated in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Lenoir-Rhyne is about an hour drive from Charlotte, Winston-Salem, and/or Asheville. By combining the liberal arts with professional studies, the University joins a rich foundation in the arts, humanities, social sciences, languages, religion, and natural sciences with over 50 undergraduate majors and nearly 30 master’s degree programs. With record enrollments each of the last nine years, the institution now enrolls nearly 2600 students at its three locales, and it anticipates continued managed enrollment growth over the coming years as it expands upon its mission.