Administrative Dean of the School of Education
Loyola Marymount University, a private, Catholic, Jesuit university located in Los Angeles, California, seeks applications and nominations for the dean of the School of Education. The School of Education is the largest and most enterprising graduate program on the Westchester campus and is dedicated to preparing teachers and administrators to teach and lead in schools. Embedded in all of the School’s programs is a commitment to LMU’s social justice mission by serving students through innovative and responsive leadership and comprehensive cross-sector partnerships. This academic year marks the 25th anniversary of the School’s founding, and presents an opportunity to showcase the School’s successes in preparing leaders who make lasting impact across the PreK-16 educational landscape. An impactful and influential presence at the University, in California, and across the national education professional scene and policy arena, the School seeks a dean who will build upon this momentum and guide it to even greater heights and prominence.
The dean will promote and advance the SOE and in concert with the School community, this individual will be expected to address the following key opportunities and challenges:
- Develop a focused, unified, and mission-driven vision for the future grounded in LMU’s unique heritage and mission;
- Sustain and enhance distinctive academic programs that prepare educational professionals for careers of consequence;
- Creatively grow earned revenue, fundraise, and steward financial resources;
- Empower and support faculty and staff in support of academic excellence, innovative pedagogy, scholarly impact, and shared governance;
- Foster ongoing and new partnerships and collaborations across the University and externally;
- Champion social justice, diversity, inclusion, and student success.
Loyola Marymount University has retained Isaacson, Miller, a national executive search firm, to assist in this search. Screening of complete applications will begin immediately and continue until the completion of the search process. For more details, including the full position profile and to submit inquiries, nominations, referrals, and applications, please see the Isaacson, Miller website for the search: www.imsearch.com/6577. Electronic submission of materials is required.
Regan Gough, Sheila Bharucha Burgess, Sunny Zhang
1000 Sansome Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94111