Professional Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
VICE PRESIDENT OF ACADEMIC AND STUDENT AFFAIRS
Minnesota State Community and Technical College (M State) seeks confidential expressions of interest and nominations for the position of Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs. The successful candidate will provide the vision and overall guidance for policy formulation, educational planning, the Higher Learning Commission and programmatic accreditation processes, budgeting and new program development in an integrated instructional and student services setting.
M State was formed in 2003 by the merger of Fergus Falls Community College and three campuses of Northwest Technical College in order to better serve the needs of the region by combining strong career and technical programs with liberal arts and science offerings in one comprehensive college. A regional, student-focused institution, M State is the fifth largest college in the Minnesota State system and the largest two-year college in Greater Minnesota, serving more than 8,000 students each year. At M State students find the best of both worlds: big college resources and small college feel on its four welcoming campuses and in its many online courses and programs. The college’s vision is to be a success story for every student. College administration, faculty and staff value integrity, inclusion, and innovation and they strive to be ‘ALL IN’ as they teach and serve their diverse student body.
The Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs provides educational and administrative leadership to achieve a high standard of excellence and innovation in teaching and learning, strategic enrollment management, instructional and student support technologies, management and operation of all student services and faculty and staff professional growth. The Vice President will report to the College President and serve as the chief administrative representative on Academic Affairs and Standards Council and participate in various Minnesota State, community, state and national organizations.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Build connections with people based on shared values of trust, compassion, stability, and hope
- Stay focused on what is in the best interest of students
- Provide dynamic, charismatic, purposeful and innovative leadership
- Encourage and empower employees
- Recognize the impact of decisions and communications on college culture
- Remain curious and ask a lot of questions
- Build authentic relationships with stakeholders
- Create high performing teams
- Build partnerships and collaborative agreements
- Communicate authentically and directly through all mediums
- Demonstrate passion for community and technical college student success
- Support academic freedom, shared governance, inclusion and participation in decision- making
- Create a positive, respectful culture and
- Take initiative by changing policies and/or process to benefit students and the college
Review of completed applications will begin August 5, 2019 and continue through the search committee’s selection of continuing candidates. Prior to submission, please thoroughly review the Executive Search Profile. To ensure full consideration, candidates are asked to submit their application materials through our secure website here. Confidential nominations can be submitted by using this link: Nominations.