Administrative Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs
The Manhattan College community and President Brennan O’Donnell seek a Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs to lead the institution to its next level of academic excellence through a strong commitment to its Lasallian Catholic mission and values, a communicative and collaborative entrepreneurial spirit, and an unwavering focus on student success.
Founded in 1853 by the Brothers of the Christian Schools, a Roman Catholic teaching order, Manhattan College (College) is located in the residential Riverdale section of The Bronx, 10 miles and a 30-minute subway ride from Midtown Manhattan. The College has enhanced and expanded its reputation for excellence chiefly by building on its core strengths: its Lasallian Catholic heritage, its location as a residential campus in New York City, and its ability to offer, in a medium-sized and person-centered college setting, an extraordinarily broad range of disciplinary, interdisciplinary, and co-curricular opportunities.
Manhattan College’s over 3,500 full and part-time undergraduates and more than 575 full and part-time graduate students pursue degrees in one of five schools serving traditional undergraduate students – Liberal Arts, Science, Engineering, Education & Health, and the O’Malley School of Business – as well as the School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS), which offers a blended learning approach for adult students. The College is fully accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education, with its reaffirmation scheduled for 2021.
Opportunities for the Provost & V.P. for Academic Affairs include:
- Reaffirming and supporting the College’s foundational commitment to student success, the education of the whole person and excellence in teaching;
- Providing the vision, ethical leadership, and entrepreneurial spirit to support the College’s continued academic excellence through programmatic development and assessment;
- Being a strong and articulate faculty advocate through a focus on shared governance, professional development, strategic resource allocation and transparent communication;
- Promoting and developing both the College’s liberal arts heritage and its excellence in professional programs through an inclusive atmosphere of collaboration;
- Working effectively and collaboratively with the President and the President’s Cabinet to develop and clearly articulate and implement the College’s next strategic plan;
- Integrating the six distinct academic schools into a cohesive unit while simultaneously identifying, supporting, and marketing each school’s unique qualities;
- Identifying and implementing initiatives to recruit, hire and retain a diverse and geographically representative faculty and staff; and
- Safeguarding that the College’s Catholic identity and Lasallian heritage remain central to the College’s educational environment and to its culture in word and deed.
Key Qualifications include:
- An earned doctorate and eligibility for appointment at the rank of full professor, with tenure in one of the College’s departments;
- A distinguished record of teaching, scholarship, and service that demonstrates an unwavering commitment to student success and academic excellence;
- A demonstrated record of commitment to students and student success;
- A demonstrated record of transparency, commitment to shared governance, faculty advocacy, and interdisciplinary collaboration;
- Evidence of ethical leadership, unquestioned integrity, effective communication and a strong commitment to Manhattan College’s mission, vision, values, and Catholic identity and Lasallian heritage.
To ensure full consideration, completed applications are due by November 22nd, 2019. The search page, which includes the Executive Search Profile and application nomination links is located here.
Confidential nominations can be submitted by going to: https://rhperry.com/newsearches/manhattanprovost
RH Perry & Associates is assisting Manhattan College in their search. Please direct all confidential communications to: Mr. Matthew Kilcoyne, Managing Partner, and Dr. Sue DeWine, Senior Consultant, at ManhattanProvost@rhperry.com.
Manhattan College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in its employment decisions based on race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex/gender identify/expression, sexual orientation, marital/partnership status, disability, age, citizenship status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, caregiver status, credit history, arrest/conviction record, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking, or any other legally protected status.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wgtshy4wm2sssrhs