Administrative Academic Dean, Humanities
Purpose, Scope & Dimension of Job:
The Dean is a front-line learning leader of the college, a member of the Academic Affairs executive staff, and a member of the college management team. The Academic Dean is responsible for promoting academic, administrative and fiscal leadership in accordance with Mott Community College’s Strategic Plan and for exercising holistic judgment when executing the duties of this position.
The Academic Dean supervises division staff and division faculty. In this particular position, this involves faculty and staff representing the Humanities division including departments of Academic Literacy, Communication, Developmental English, English, Literature, Interpreter Training, Philosophy, Reading, World Languages & Culture. The Dean is also responsible for the supervision of academic student support areas beyond the classroom including Centers for ASL, World Languages, Peer Tutoring, and Reading & Writing.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Masters degree or higher in higher education administration, curriculum and instruction, a field within the area to be supervised, or related degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience at the college level
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated increasing responsibility in academic leadership experiences, can be concurrent with #2.
- An understanding of and vision for the Humanities division
- Budget experience that encompasses the management of resources and the reconciliation of competing needs in excess of available resources.
- High energy level, sense of humor, diplomatic/tactful, and passionate about the dimensions of this position.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills including the ability to anticipate needs and concerns of stakeholders.
- History of being open-minded, supportive, trustworthy, and fair
- Demonstrated project planning and management, time management, and priority setting skills. Ability to work successfully in a high stress environment, handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Demonstrated history of on-time delivery of projects; project coordination; and anticipation of issues.
- A commitment to and understanding of the mission of a comprehensive community college
- Good interpersonal skills, including listening, with demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people. Must have the ability to work as a team member, foster a cooperative work environment and maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to appropriately use and demonstrate proficiency with standard office productivity software and tools.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Teaching and or administrative experience in a community college environment
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Budget experience encompassing grant development and management experience.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dqb2q49dndgsjzjq