Administrative Executive Director of Admissions and Enrollment Strategy
Michigan State University invites nominations and applications for the position of Executive Director of Admissions and Enrollment Strategy. This is a highly visible, dynamic, position interacting regularly with senior administration officials, faculty, professional staff, and outside constituents at an exciting time in the continued growth of the University.
Reporting to Associate Provost for Academic Services, Enrollment Management, and Academic Initiatives, the Executive Director (ED) of Admissions and Enrollment Strategy provides strategic and operational direction for the Office of Admissions working closely with Michigan State University’s academic leadership team. The Executive Director provides leadership in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the undergraduate recruitment, application, admissions strategy, policy and operations for undergraduate programs at Michigan State University.
The ED will guide a next-generation enrollment strategy using advanced analytics and leading technologies to transform Michigan State into an industry-leader in admissions, recruitment, and student transitions. The ED is charged with building an enrollment strategy that accounts for the changing higher education landscape and demographics in the State of Michigan, and demonstrating a sustained commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The ED leads and manages the Office of Admissions (OA), including high school relations, transfer recruitment and services, international student admissions, campus visit programs, and office operations. The ED will also oversee OA’s operational support of application processing for graduate and professional programs, including the College of Human Medicine and the College of Law. Major responsibilities include demonstrating a sustained commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the development, design, and implementation of recruitment efforts to support the University’s goals for new undergraduate students.
The ED coordinates campus-wide recruitment efforts for entering freshmen and transfer students. The ED serves as a key partner in the student success initiatives, including the implementation of new student-focused technologies, and a modernized enterprise Student Information System (SIS). The preferred candidate will have the following credentials:
- A Master’s degree is required.
- At least 5 years of experience in a college or university admissions office with a nationwide and global recruiting footprint, with at least 3 years of experience at either the assistant director or director level, is required;
- A record of successful outcomes in the development and achievement of enrollment goals or commensurate experience;
- A record of successfully establishing and growing prospective student markets, including in-state, out-of-state, and international segments;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Demonstrated evidence of building successful teams and working collaboratively with other leaders.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong management skills in hiring, supervising, and creating opportunities for professional development;
- The ability to work with campus stakeholders to appropriately align recruitment and enrollment strategies with needs of academic and support units;
- The ability to understand and use data to drive planning and decision-making;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated success developing relationships with college and university administrators and high school personnel;
- The ability to understand complex student information systems, CRM systems (TargetX and Salesforce preferred), and to use those systems effectively in a management capacity are required;
- Understanding of student success predictors utilized in admissions decisions.
Founded in 1855, Michigan State University (MSU) has always been an innovator in research, teaching, and application of knowledge. In 1863, Michigan State was designated the beneficiary of the Morrill Land-Grant Colleges Act endowment, becoming the pioneer land-grant college in the United States and serving as a prototype for future institutions. From these origins, Michigan State has evolved into a comprehensive, global, world-class university with a full spectrum of programs and attracting a diverse set of gifted professors, staff members, and students. The University has been an elected member of the Association of American Universities since 1964.
Located in East Lansing, (https://www.cityofeastlansing.com) a community three miles east of Michigan’s capital in Lansing, MSU is located on a 5,200-acre campus with 2,100 acres in existing or planned development and 538 buildings, including 95 academic buildings. Michigan State enrolls approximately 51,000 students and employs more than 11,600 faculty and staff members from all of Michigan’s 83 counties, all of America’s 50 states, and 130 countries. Made up of equal parts women and men, the student body includes 16.6% students of color and 14.5% international students.
The University offers more than 200 programs of study at the bachelor, masters and doctoral levels. MSU is guided by “Bolder by Design” (http://bolderbydesign.msu.edu) as a “shared strategic framework that aligns our efforts across Michigan State University and around the globe, harnessing the power of working together to achieve our highest aspirations and to fuel the creation of better outcomes and growing value for our students, state, nation, and world.”
Procedure for Candidacy
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Applications should include a current curriculum vita and letter explaining interest and relevant experience. For additional information concerning Michigan State University visit http://www.msu.edu.
Jeffrey Harris, Managing Partner, Harris Search Associates
Tel: 614-798-8500 ext. 125
Michigan State University is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. The University actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities. MSU is committed to providing a work environment that supports employees’ work and personal life and offers employment assistance to the spouse or partner of candidates for faculty and academic staff positions.
Apply Now: https://apptrkr.com/1402564