The North Country Community College (NCCC) Board of Trustees seeks confidential expressions of interest and nominations for the next President. The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative, politically astute, visionary and collaborative leader with integrity and a passion for student success.
Sponsored by Essex and Franklin counties, NCCC was founded in 1967 to provide public post-secondary educational opportunities and services within its 3,500 square mile service area. The College is one of 64 public higher education institutions that is part of the State University of New York (SUNY). NCCC has three campuses, which are located in Saranac Lake, Malone, and Ticonderoga, in Essex and Franklin Counties in Northern New York State. This allows the College to better serve the students of these geographically dispersed populations. NCCC has the largest service district of any New York State community college and the lowest population (90,000). The Malone and Ticonderoga campuses are a two and a half hour drive from each other.
The College has twenty-degree programs ranging from business to nursing, from criminal justice to human services. Over 50 % of students are enrolled in a career and technical education program and roughly the same number transfer to a baccalaureate program following completion of their studies here.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Capitalize on the uniqueness of the region and NCCC’s three campuses for the benefit of all stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with faculty and staff, and area residents, with a goal of establishing new traditions, programs, innovations, strategies, and community partnerships and initiatives
- Strengthen and expand connections and partnerships with local high schools, higher education institutions, governmental units, businesses, health care organizations, and other public and private entities
- Ensure the development of a comprehensive marketing program that includes a focus on the non-traditional student market and the region; explore effective use of television, radio, social media, NCCC’s website, and use of students to “tell the story”
- Assume a leadership role in discussions and actions related to a proposed School of Applied Technology
Applications are due by January 21, 2019. Prior to submitting application materials, candidates should review the Executive Search Profile to understand fully the unique opportunities and qualifications for this position. To ensure full consideration, applicants will be required to submit: (1) a current resume or CV, (2) a cover letter addressing the position, and (3) the contact information for three professional references. Applications should be submitted here(https://careers-rhperry.icims.com/jobs/1247/president/job).
RH Perry & Associates is assisting North Country Community College with this search assignment. All communications may be directed in confidence to Mr. Jesse Thompson, Senior Consultant & Director of Community College Searches, or Mr. Paul Doeg, President & Chief Operating Officer, at NCCCPresident@rhperry.com.
Confidential nominations can be submitted by using this link: Nominations
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hdjfqf8mh586bqr8