Fellowship Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Communication
**Call for Applications**
Northwestern University School of Communication
Pathways to the Professoriate Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
As part of a continuing commitment to building a culturally diverse intellectual community and advancing scholars from underrepresented groups in higher education, the School of Communication at Northwestern is pleased to announce the Pathways to the Professoriate Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, made possible by the Office of the Provost and SoC through the David Mancosh Pathways to the Professoriate Postdoctoral Fellowship Fund. The goal of the program is to transition fellows to faculty members after two years.
Applications accepted in the following departments in the School of Communication at Northwestern: Communication Studies, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Performance Studies, and Radio, Television & Film. Please specify your discipline and department of interest when applying, with an understanding that SoC is particularly interested in fellows who can leverage their specific expertise across one or more communication fields within the School.
- $65,000 per calendar year, plus health benefits
- $5,000 per year research funds for research expenses, including travel
- $5,000 in moving expenses
- Office space and computer
- Departmental mentoring and workshops
- Offer of a tenure-track position at the end of the fellowship, subject to satisfactory performance
- Applicants must have completed their doctoral degree or terminal degree (e.g., MFA, M.M.) in their field within the past five years and no later than September 1, 2021. In the event that selected applicants have held tenure-track appointments at other institutions prior to joining this program at Northwestern, this will be taken into account in determining the length of the applicant’s probationary period (“tenure clock”) upon transition to a tenure-track position at Northwestern following this program.
- The primary criterion for selection is evidence of scholarship and creative work competitive for a potential tenure track appointment in the School of Communication at Northwestern University
- An important secondary criterion is the support of the proposed department to host the fellow.
- Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States. Northwestern University strongly encourages applications from individuals that have experience, background and/or scholarship that will contribute to the diversity of the SoC community.
APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Cover letter addressed to Mancosh Pathways Postdoctoral Fellowship Committee
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of research plans (1-3 pages)
- A Contribution to Diversity Statement articulating why you should be selected for this program (1–3 pages)
- Writing samples (e.g., publications, dissertation chapters, no more than 25 pages); Creative scholars should submit a portfolio in lieu of writing sample (e.g., Play, screenplay, or a link to a film portfolio)
- A contact list of three recommenders, including the applicant’s dissertation or thesis advisor
- All Materials must be submitted through online application system at the following link: https://facultyrecruiting.northwestern.edu/apply/MTAwOA== by February 5, 2021
Finalists will be contacted by Feb 26, 2021 for interviews. Questions may be directed to MancoshPostdoc@northwestern.edu.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.