The Onondaga Community College Board of Trustees seeks confidential nominations and expressions of interest for the College’s ninth President. The successful candidate will lead the institution to greater heights as it continues to provide quality educational programs and services to residents of Central New York.
Onondaga Community College (OCC) is a two-year college, founded in 1961, with two locations: a 280-acre main campus in Central New York state, just outside the city limits of Syracuse, New York, and a nearby satellite location in Liverpool, New York. OCC is one of 30 community colleges operating under the State University of New York (SUNY) system and is locally sponsored by Onondaga County. OCC is a values-based institution that strives to embody and fulfill its values in meaningful and substantive ways.
OCC has eight Schools and offers 46 credit-bearing degree and certificate programs that prepare individuals for transfer to four-year colleges or for immediate entry into high-demand careers. This includes nine new programs and transfer opportunities in programs such as Health Studies, Paramedic, and Drone Technology, all designed to meet employer needs.
Reporting directly to the Board of Trustees, OCC’s 9th President will build on the accomplishments of President Casey Crabill, who retires at the end of the current fiscal year. Some of the key strategic priorities include:
- Develop strategies and initiatives to stop and reverse the enrollment decline, while simultaneously maintaining and ensuring the financial health and stability of the College.
- Strengthen the College’s student success agenda and ensure that students receive the “wrap-around services” they need, and that students have pathway plans that lead them to timely degree and certificate completion, transfer, or entry into or advancement in the workforce.
- Build on the college’s reputation through extensive outreach and innovative responses to student and community needs.
- Maintain a highly visible and engaging presence in the different communities to acquire a thorough understanding of how OCC can best serve them.
- Ensure that the College maintains and continues to demonstrate its commitment to equity in every area of the College.
To ensure full consideration, completed applications are due by December 6th, 2021. The search page, which includes the full Executive Search Profile as well as the opportunity to apply or nominate, is located here.
RH Perry & Associates is assisting Onondaga Community College in their search. Please direct all confidential communications to: Mr. Jesse Thompson, Senior Consultant and Director of Community College Searches, and Dr. Gena Glickman, Senior Consultant, at OCCPresident@rhperry.com.