Administrative Dean, Lubin School of Business
Pace University has a proud history of preparing its diverse student body for a lifetime of professional success as a result of its unique program that combines rigorous academics and real-world experiences. Pace is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides.
From its beginnings as an accounting school in 1906, Pace has grown to three campuses, enrolling 13,000 students in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in more than 150 majors and programs, across a range of disciplines: arts, sciences, business, health care, technology, law, education, and more. The University also has one of the most competitive performing arts programs in the country. Pace has a signature, newly renovated campus in New York City, located in the heart of vibrant Lower Manhattan, next to Wall Street and City Hall, and two campuses in Westchester County, New York: a 200-acre picturesque Pleasantville Campus and the Elisabeth Haub School of Law in White Plains.
Dean, Lubin School of Business
New York City/Pleasantville Campuses
To apply, please visit
The Dean serves as the chief academic and administrative officer of the Lubin School of Business at Pace University and will report to the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The mission of the Lubin School of Business is to develop students’ analytical, organizational and personal competencies in a comprehensive academic and experience-based learning environment dedicated to preparing students to successfully begin and advance in their chosen professional careers. In support of this mission, our faculty conducts and disseminates scholarship that contributes to professional practice, academic theory, and student learning.
The Dean will provide academic vision and leadership to, and will work collaboratively with the University’s faculty, students, staff, leadership and other professional schools and colleges, to develop and enhance undergraduate and graduate programs that meet the changing needs of organizations. The University’s new Strategic Plan calls for the nurturing of student-driven initiatives that empower students to become “entrepreneurs of their own experience,” and the School will play a key role in the implementation of the plan, as well as in enhancing the national ranking of the University.
The Dean will provide academic support for the school’s faculty, fostering research, teaching and service, and will articulate the school’s vision and goals externally to the private sector and internally to the University community for purposes of collaboration. S/he will lead fundraising efforts for the School, working closely with the Development and Alumni Relations division to build and maintain relationships with donors and continually grow funding for programs, initiatives and services. The Dean will also be responsible for directing the preparation and management of the School’s annual operating budget to ensure that resources are allocated efficiently and that programs and initiatives are adequately funded.
- Use administrative, management, and problem-solving skills to position the Lubin School of Business to become a recognized leader in preparing students for professional success.
- Develop a deep understanding of the School’s programs and their strengths in order to promote their competitiveness while encouraging interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship that raise Pace’s academic standing.
- Lead fundraising efforts for the School, working closely with the Development and Alumni Relations division to build and maintain relationships with donors and continually grow funding for the School’s programs, initiatives, and services. Work closely with faculty to secure external grant funding.
- Engage the New York metropolitan area business community, developing relationships with business leaders to enhance experiential learning opportunities for students and to ensure that graduates are prepared to meet the needs of organizations.
- Facilitate, support, and promote research nationally and internationally as a critical driving force of academic excellence to enhance Pace’s scholarly reputation.
- Facilitate, support and promote excellence in teaching and innovative pedagogy at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Facilitate curriculum reviews to maintain the quality of academic programs, respond to student and national/employment needs, and maintain enrollment.
- Promote a student-centered and culturally diverse environment and a high level of collegiality among faculty and staff.
- Represent the academic vision of Lubin to the community at large.
- Consult with the faculty in designing the School’s strategic plan and set the tone for the School in encouraging excellence, recognizing achievement, and supporting appointments and promotions based on merit.
- Demonstrate a commitment to creating innovative programs and enhancing graduate education.
- Maintain a culture of assessment around student learning outcomes, and establish a feedback mechanism to monitor and continually improve the School’s programs and services.
- Oversee the planning and administration of the School’s annual operating budget, ensuring that resources are allocated efficiently to support the School’s programs and services.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with alumni.
- Interact with and enhance the Lubin School of Business Advisory Board.
- Maintain and support all requirements of accreditation agencies, including the Middle States and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Other duties as assigned as appropriate to rank and University’s mission.
- Capitalizing on the school’s past accomplishments and planning for its even more robust future, the successful candidate must possess the vision, leadership, and creativity to influence the direction of Pace’s business education program.
- The ideal candidate would possess both significant experience in business school teaching, administration and scholarship as well as executive leadership experience in the corporate/business sector, but candidates with strong senior executive/CEO experience that can demonstrate skill sets translatable to higher education will be considered.
- A PhD in a business-related field is ideal, but an MBA degree and/or strong senior executive/CEO experience also will be considered.
- Administrative experience at the Dean, Associate Dean or equivalent level at private, non-for-profit higher education institution is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of the critical issues in business education today and of contemporary business practice.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large and complex budgets.
- Proven success at increasing revenues through development and external funding opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in curricular development and accreditation preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and broad experience working with diverse communities.
- Proven success at implementing policy initiatives that improve enrollment and increase retention, while enhancing program competitiveness preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and resolve conflicts with transparency.
- Demonstrated commitment to shared governance and servant-leadership.
- Experience in developing and promoting excellence in teaching and scholarship.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an intellectually diverse culture of scholarly inquiry.
- Demonstrated commitment to the importance of enhancing graduate programs.
- Strong track record of building and improving student-centered services and opportunities that support students’ professional development and success.
- Proven success at developing a strong and diverse faculty and opportunities that support the faculty’s professional development and success is preferred.
- Strong track record of attracting and retaining diverse and excellent staff.
The Dean of the Lubin School of Business will be appointed to a five-year term, renewable upon the completion of a comprehensive and successful performance review. Dependent on strong academic credentials, the Dean will be eligible for tenured appointment to the Business School faculty.
- Monday-Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM with additional hours as needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the role. This is a highly visible role at the University which requires a presence at various evening and weekend events.
Frequent travel between the Westchester and New York City campuses will be required.
Pace University offers a competitive total rewards package including tuition benefits for employees & their family, and generous time off.
To apply, please visit
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.