Administrative Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Penn State Harrisburg, Capital College of The Pennsylvania State University, invites applications and nominations for the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. This senior leadership position reports directly to the Chancellor/Dean and acts as delegated on the Chancellor’s/Dean’s behalf. This position also carries the title of Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
- Provides leadership and assumes responsibility for overall academic planning and assessment along with strategic planning, associated budgetary support, undergraduate/graduate academic program policy and administration, admissions, curricular development, academic program evaluation, shared governance, faculty recruitment, evaluation, and retention (tenure-line and non-tenure-line) and the broad range of administration of academic policies and procedures.
- The campus’s five School Directors, Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs, and Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs, currently have a direct reporting line to this position.
- Work closely with the Chancellor/Dean, Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Associate Vice Chancellor/Associate Dean for Research and Outreach, Director of Enrollment Services, and Executive Director for Administrative Services, while playing a key role in shaping academic strategy, policy, and practice, as well as all academic budgetary matters to ensure high-quality academic standards and continued success for programs with accreditation requirements.
- This position also represents the College on university-wide curricular and policy issues as a University Academic Council on Undergraduate Education member.
- Candidates must possess a terminal degree and have significant academic and administrative experience.
- Credentials appropriate for a tenured appointment at the rank of professor, preferably in a field of study offered at Penn State Harrisburg, are highly desired.
- Salary is competitive.
How to Apply:
- To apply, applicants should upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for FIVE references.
Review of applications will begin on December 5th, 2022, and continue until the position is filled.
Penn State Harrisburg, located in Middletown, near Harrisburg, the state capital of Pennsylvania, is a highly respected and comprehensive four-year graduate college of Penn State. The College is easily accessible via interstate and rail routes from Baltimore, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and New York. Penn State Harrisburg has more than 5,000 resident instruction students, including a broad, diverse, and non-traditional population. The College brings nationally accredited academic programs, award-winning faculty, and the resources of a world-class research university to Pennsylvania’s Capital Region. The College offers undergraduate students the opportunity to earn associate degrees in three majors and baccalaureate degrees in 37 academic majors. Moreover, the College offers 33 master’s degrees and three doctoral degree programs as a graduate center. To learn more about the College, please visit http://harrisburg.psu.edu
Workforce diversity, cultural inclusiveness, and employment equity are deeply rooted in Penn State’s core mission. As a community, we value diverse cultural backgrounds, life experiences, individual perspectives, and other characteristics that add value, variety, and vitality to the workplace. One of Penn State’s most diverse campuses, Penn State Harrisburg is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce because we believe diversity benefits and enriches all within our community. Likewise, Penn State Harrisburg is deeply committed to supporting a culturally, ethnically, and racially inclusive environment where all have a genuine opportunity to thrive.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) per university policies.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, reporting crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.