Administrative Vice President of Advancement
The Vice President of Advancement, in collaboration with the President, the Board of Trustees and other administrators, leads and oversees all activities and programs related to understanding and building financial support for the mission of Phillips Theological Seminary.
- Leads the Advancement office and staff of the Seminary and manages all day-to-day
- Develops and implements a strategic plan for the Advancement work of the Seminary
that supports the long-range goals of the Seminary
- Directs all fundraising programs of the Seminary, including the annual fund, planned
giving, work with major donors, events, capital campaigns and other fundraising activities that raise awareness and increase numbers of donors and friends of the Seminary
- Oversees, in concert with Communications, Dean of Student and President offices, programs to enhance alumni/ae, church, and community relations and outreach of the Seminary
- Coordinates with President and other members of faculty and staff with grant-writing as a part of the strategic plans of both the Advancement office and the Seminary
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Experience in all aspects of philanthropic fundraising, including capital campaigns
- Knowledge of the principles and ongoing research in fundraising and commitment to careful and prudent follow through in all the details
- Proven leadership abilities including skills in communication, collaboration, motivation, and planning
- Strong capacity to work with people of diverse backgrounds, race and ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational experiences, and financial status
- Familiarity with endowment processes, fund accounting, information systems, and database management Travel Responsibility
At least 40-50% of time on the job should be spent traveling
This position supervises Advancement staff
Required Education and Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
Fundraising experience in higher education
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Full participation in a church affiliated with a mainline denomination, i.e., the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), the United Church of Christ, the United Methodist Church, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Administrative Pay Family
Please email a cover letter expressing interest in the position, being as specific as you can, and detailing relevant professional experience, education, and training, along with a resume, including the names and contact information of at least three professional references to email@example.com.