Administrative Voice & Network Technician I
Voice & Network Technician I
Job no: 493300
Work type: Staff (Full-Time)
Location: Orlando, FL, Winter Park, FL
Categories: Information Technology
Division: Business and Finance
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don’t just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked—from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities. Please click here to learn more.
For the 13th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”. Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
Our Service Excellence Philosophy:
At Rollins, we strive to be responsive, respectful, collaborative, competent, and inclusive in all that we do. Whether serving prospective or current students, alumni, local residents, or our fellow faculty and staff colleagues, these standards define the Rollins service experience.
Total Rewards & Compensation:
• 15 Days – Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
• 11 Days – Paid Holidays
• 5 Days – Paid College Closure Days
• Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
• 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
• 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
• Domestic Partner Benefits
• 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
• Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
• FREE On-Campus Parking
• FREE Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
• FREE Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
• Pet Insurance
• 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
• Plus More!
• Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
• FREE E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
• IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
• College Bookstore Discounts
• Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
• Discover what it’s like to live in Orlando: Live, Work, Play and Learn
• Plus More!
Rollins College offers a competitive hourly rate. Click here to review our full benefits package.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Perform low voltage cable installs and terminations, including the running of structured cabling in a variety of challenging environments.
• Provide basic network, phone (IP and analog), and R-card technical assistance to the campus.
• Troubleshoot and perform needed repairs and maintenance on all college supported VOIP and analog devices (dead phone, static on line, etc.) using network tester, telephone test set, tone generator and hand tools.
• Installs and relocates telephones.
• Installation and maintenance of door access wiring/equipment.
• On a quarterly basis, inspect public courtesy, elevator, and emergency phones. Cleaning, labeling, noting deficiencies, and repair/replacement performed as needed.
• Interact with contracted vendors and other service providers as needed. Work with vendor representatives to gain building and intra-building access and isolate and resolve problems.
• Responsible for basic on-site deployment and testing of wired and wireless network equipment.
• Responsible for basic troubleshooting of wired and wireless network issues such as 1) wired network port testing 2) wireless network signal testing.
• Responsible for low-voltage wiring of network and communications IDF locations.
• Install and maintain equipment for battery back-up systems in IDF locations.
• Use TeamDynamix to track progress of tickets and ensure 24 hour or less response time.
• High school diploma.
• One to three years of job-related experience (or equivalent combination of training and experience).
• Basic knowledge of network hardware/wiring installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
• Basic knowledge of telecommunications hardware/software, wiring installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
• Basic electronics knowledge and ability necessary to complete low voltage wiring projects.
• Basic computer and software skills (i.e. MS Office, Visio, work order ticketing software).
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and wiring schematics.
• Ability to understand, follow, and communicate complex oral and written instructions.
• Superior detail orientation, with the ability to learn and work with new procedures, instructions, and systems.
• Punctuality, plus the ability to adhere to schedules and work effectively under deadline pressure.
• Ability to interact with faculty, staff, students, contracted vendors and service providers and the public at all levels in a pleasant, courteous, and efficient manner.
• Communicates and works cooperatively as a team with other Information Technology personnel.
• Possess a valid driver’s license, or ability to obtain an Florida driver’s license within 30 days of accepting the job, and acceptable MVR are required.
• IT experience working in a higher education environment.
The Voice & Network Technician I is scheduled to work 7.5 hours/day, 37.5 hours per week. The schedule for this role is:
• Monday-Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm*
*Requires flexibility, including some evening/weekend/holiday hours and regular and emergency call-out as needed.
• Campus-based position, working in an indoor office environment and outdoor working environment; required to carry personal phone with ability to send/receive texts and email.
• Work requires visual strain, as well as frequent strenuous activity involving lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, standing, and walking.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
Screening of applications will begin immediately.
About the IT Department:
The Department of Information Technology provides computing, networking, and technical support services to the Rollins community. Click here to learn more about the IT team!
About Rollins College:
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view difference — from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives—as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth. to learn more, please click here.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
Advertised: 28 Apr 2022 Eastern Daylight Time