Administrative Leave and Benefits Analyst
Leave and Benefits Analyst
FLSA Status: Exempt
Months Per Year: 12
Employment Status: Full-Time
Work Model: Hybrid Available
Seattle University will be one of the most innovative and progressive Jesuit and Catholic universities in the world, educating with excellence at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels. We embrace an intersectional framework for defining diversity in its broadest sense, including differences in gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, generational history, culture, socioeconomic class, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, political perspectives, geographic origin and physical ability. Seattle University strives to be a welcome, open and safe campus climate for all who learn, live and work at Seattle University.
The Leave and Benefits Analyst implements, administers, and maintains leave and benefit programs, policies, and procedures to support the employee experience and in alignment with the culture and mission of Seattle University. This position also oversees and performs data entry related to leaves, employee benefits, compensation, and associated programs.
Essential Job Duties
• Administer leave of absence programs, including FMLA, disability, and workers’ compensation.
• Respond to employee inquiries related to leave programs and resolve any issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies related to leave administration.
• Performs data input into HRIS system, ensuring data accuracy via established processes.
• Focuses on process improvement in the leaves and benefits area via the use of technology and other tools.
• Develops communications, and ensures employees receive proper advice and counsel regarding benefits and leaves related issues.
• Coordinate with insurance carriers, third-party administrators, and other vendors to ensure the accurate and timely processing of benefits and leave claims.
• Develop and maintain leave and benefit policies and procedures and ensure they are communicated effectively to employees.
• Partners with internal partners and/or external vendors and regularly provides feedback to improve the employee experience.
• Partners within the Human Resources team and key cross-functional partners such as University Counsel and Finance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
• At least 3 of experience in benefits administration, leaves of absence, HR operations, compliance, retirement, or other related programs.
• Deep knowledge of leave programs and regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully administer programs and deliver excellent customer service.
• Experienced vendor manager.
• Experience in creating and communicating business cases to stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to build trust and make impact with stakeholders.
• Aptitude for thinking analytically; and the ability to craft business cases and ROI from available data.
• Strong Microsoft Office knowledge.
• Experience with benefits administration and other related systems.
• Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS)
• Higher education experience
• Experience with PlanSource, Fidelity, Benefits vendors
Please attach a cover letter with your resume when applying. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.
Compensation at a Glance:
Salary Range: $67,700 – $75,000
Seattle University has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, and not based on a candidate’s gender or any other protected status.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. Seattle University provides generous leave, health plans, and retirement contributions that add to your total compensation package.
Benefits at a Glance:
Consistent with its fundamental Jesuit values, Seattle University offers a wide range of benefits designed to care for the whole person. Choose from three different medical plans, a dental, and vision insurance programs. Protect your income with life, short & long-term disability coverage. Plan for your future with up to a 10% employer contribution for retirement benefits, comprised of a 5% nonelective employer contribution and an additional dollar-for-dollar match of your voluntary contributions up to a maximum of 5%. You may also take advantage of 100% paid tuition benefits for the employee and dependents, a subsidized transportation benefit, a wellness program with free access to an onsite fitness facility, and a wide variety of campus events. Enjoy a generous holiday schedule, including a paid Holiday break closure in December, vacation and paid sick leave, and paid community service leave. For more information explore the Benefits website at: https://www.seattleu.edu/hr/benefits/
To apply: https://seattleu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=2199&site=2