Faculty Assistant Professor, Marketing
Assistant Professor, Marketing
Job No: 517687
Work Type: Instructional Faculty – Tenured/Tenure-Track
Location: San Francisco
Categories: Unit 3 – CFA – California Faculty Association, Tenured/Tenure-Track, Full Time, Marketing/Communications
San Francisco State University, Department of Marketing offers an exciting opportunity for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position beginning August 2023. We seek a colleague whose teaching and research interests include Digital Marketing or Marketing Analytics. We are especially interested in qualified candidates with a demonstrated commitment — through their research, teaching, and service — to the diversity and excellence of our academic community/department/program.
SFSU’s Department of Marketing is a diverse and collaborative group of 14 tenured and tenure track faculty with a wide range of teaching and research interests. With over 1300 majors and minors, Marketing is the largest of nine departments in the College of Business. Our students and faculty reflect the cultural diversity of the Bay Area.
The mission of San Francisco State University is to create and maintain an environment for learning that promotes respect for and appreciation of scholarship, freedom, human diversity, and the cultural mosaic of the City of San Francisco and the Bay Area; to promote excellence in instruction and intellectual accomplishment; and to provide broadly accessible higher education for residents of the region and state, as well as the nation and world. To fulfill its mission, the University is committed to the following goals:
- Attracting, retaining, and graduating a highly diverse student body
- Providing disciplinary and interdisciplinary liberal arts and professional education that is academically rigorous and intellectually challenging
- Providing curricula that reflect all dimensions of human diversity and that encourage critical thinking and a commitment to social justice
- Recruiting, retaining, and supporting a diverse faculty whose teaching demonstrates an active engagement with their individual fields of study and whose creative and scholarly work is an extension of the classroom, laboratory, or studio
- Employing a staff and administration reflecting the diversity of our student community and the values of the campus;
- Fostering a collegial and cooperative intellectual environment that includes recognition and appreciation of differing viewpoints and promotes academic freedom within the University community; and
- Serving the communities with which its students and faculty are engaged.
Responsibilities: The position requires graduate and undergraduate teaching in Digital Marketing or Marketing Analytics, mentoring and advising graduate and undergraduate students, developing an active ongoing scholarship program in one’s area of specialty in one’s area of specialty, and ongoing committee and service assignments. The detailed position description is available at https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/sf/en-us/listing/.
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Marketing or related fields from an AACSB accredited institution. A terminal degree must be completed by the first day of employment.
- Record of working and communicating effectively with colleagues and students
- Record of teaching contributions in the areas of Digital Marketing or Marketing Analytics
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to teach various Marketing courses, preferably in the areas of Digital Marketing, Marketing Analytics, and other courses related to the candidate’s qualifications and the department’s evolving needs
- Active record of scholarship related to specialty area
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate inclusion, diversity, and educational equity in teaching, and/or scholarship/creative works
- Experience teaching and working closely with students from historically under-represented communities
- Record of contributing to a supportive and collaborative work environment
Rank and salary: Assistant Professor. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The California State University (CSU) provides generous health, retirement, and other benefits.
A complete online application must be submitted to receive consideration. To apply, please go to https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/sf/en-us/listing/ to begin the application process and upload the following materials:
- Cover letter (relating your experience to the required qualifications)
- Curriculum vitae
- A diversity statement, no more than 500 words, that provides an understanding of your capabilities to address diversity in support of SFSU’s diverse student and community populations. Please discuss how you have addressed diversity in your teaching, research, and service
- Sample of scholarly papers
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Contact information of three references. Letters of recommendation upon request at a later date.
Please direct all questions about the position to Sungha Jang, Search Committee Co-chair, at email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students, who are accessing campus facilities, to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in employment with California State University (CSU). CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. Because of this, CSU prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California with very limited exceptions. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. We strongly encourage the application of individuals from historically underrepresented groups. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager. Additional information on the requirements for new hires may be found on the Human Resources web page (https://hr.sfsu.edu/about-hr ).