Administrative Assistant Vice President for Real Estate
University of Central Florida is seeking a strategic and forward-looking leader to serve as its inaugural Assistant Vice President for Real Estate. The university is shifting its approach to the management of our physical space, both on and off campus. This position will spearhead the centralization of the management of all real estate activity under one office.
UCF is a thriving metropolitan research university located in Orlando, which has ranked #1 in the U.S. for job growth four years in a row. Founded in 1963 to provide talent for Central Florida and the growing U.S. space program, UCF has been making an impact on the state, the nation, and outer space ever since. Driven by its entrepreneurialism and optimism, UCF will not be defined by its contemporaries and seeks to forge a new path that leads the way to the future of higher education. Founded in 1963, UCF is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as Florida’s most innovative university and one of the nation’s top 20 most innovative. UCF is one of 14 universities nationwide designated as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution and Research 1 university. With 13 colleges, including a fully accredited College of Medicine, UCF offers more than 220-degree programs between its main campus, downtown campus, hospitality campus, academic health sciences campus, and 11 UCF Connect centers located throughout the region. In addition, UCF extends its reach to communities in and beyond Central Florida by offering complete, online programs leading to bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, Ph.D.’s., certificates, and more.
Under the direction of the Vice President for Facilities & Business Operations, the Assistant Vice President for Real Estate will work closely with the University’s senior leadership to develop strategies for real estate including, the evaluation of financial feasibility, market analyses, alternative project development methods, site selection, land acquisition, property disposition, real estate asset management, commercial real estate transactions and real estate negotiation as assigned. This position will supervise a small team of professionals, with the flexibility to restructure and increase team size as needed. The role will have strong ties to the Assistant Vice President of Planning & Construction to ensure that Real Estate strategies are integrally linked to the direction of the University’s Campus Master Plan and Institutional Master Plan.
- Responsible for all university real estate strategy, in coordination with the Provost’s Office, Registrar’s Office, Facilities, UCF Foundation, & General Counsel’s Office. Oversees planning and transactional activities related to property acquisitions or disposition and leases of commercial, retail, research, clinical, residential, and other space where the University serves as either landlord or tenant.
- Serves as a liaison for both internal and external constituents, including University Administrators, the Board of Trustees, and other collaborators in and beyond the University. Working across the University, the Assistant VP will collaborate with key groups, including the Provost’s Office, Registrar’s Office, Facilities, UCF Foundation, the Office of the Senior Associate VP of Financial Affairs, and the Office of General Counsel.
- Provides review, policy guidance and strategic review of campus master planning activities and other real estate type activities.
- Provides strategic and operational oversight of all university-owned rental properties in accordance with established standards, administering University leases and managing all aspects of Foundation-owned properties. Ensures that properties leased by the University are managed in accordance with lease agreements.
- Develops plans that are affordable and fiscally responsible, including managing development and operations budgets. Prepares financial analysis and documentation in coordination with established record keeping standards that supports key decision-making processes for real estate transactions and oversee the performance of required due diligence activities in evaluation new real estate deals.
- Develops and cultivates private/public partnerships and other community relationships beneficial to the property and space needs of the University.
- Fosters a positive relationship with members of the local community, including community groups, local developers, and local landlords. Meet with the local community to review real estate acquisitions in collaboration with Planning and Design team.
Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years relevant experience with at least 5+ years of leadership experience
- Experience leading negotiations on large scale and/or complex real estate transactions.
- Extensive experience managing a complex real estate operation.
- Understanding of urban planning and how cities and communities work, especially regarding community engagement for specific development projects.
- Familiarity of local and national real estate needs and trends for innovation, life science and other emerging markets.
- Strong knowledge of capital financing mechanisms and structures that can deliver projects that meet institutional goals as well as economic targets.
- Technical competencies in areas of responsibility and the ability to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and make recommendations. Must be a proven collaborator with the ability to manage teams of contractors or consultants as required.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a community with a culture of inclusiveness that holds all of it members accountable for creating, supporting, and championing diversity and the expansion of opportunity and a commitment to equity.
To apply, please go to: https://jobs.ucf.edu/cw/en-us/job/501558?lApplicationSubSourceID=