Faculty Tenure-track Assistant Professor Specializing in Environmental Health Policy
Tenure-track Assistant Professor Specializing in Environmental Health Policy
University of California Los Angeles
Requisition Number: JPF09093
The Department of Environmental Health Sciences at the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health invites applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position with an emphasis in Environmental Health Policy. The position includes 9 months of state-supported salary, with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2024. The current base pay range is $74,600 – $97,200. Other components of pay are offered when necessary to meet competitive conditions. While the Department has an expansive vision of environmental health policy, we are especially interested in applicants who utilize community-based participatory approaches, implementation science and other applied methods to undertake research to reduce the health impacts of environmental exposures (from climate change to air and water pollution to toxic exposures and many others) and advance environmental justice and / or health equity. Applicants with public health practice experience are also encouraged to apply, although such experience is not required.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated evidence of strong research productivity and a commitment to excellence in teaching and mentorship of undergraduate and graduate students. They will be expected to develop and maintain an extramurally supported research program, teach courses at the graduate and undergraduate level, engage in service to the organization, and develop into an internationally-recognized leader in their field.
Los Angeles is a global city renowned for its dynamism, robust economy, rich cultural diversity and spectacular climate. UCLA has been ranked the No. 1 public university in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for seven straight years. The Fielding School of Public Health offers undergraduate degrees (BA and BS) and graduate degrees (MPH, MS, and PHD) across five academic departments, of which the Department of Environmental Health Sciences in one. The Department of Environmental Health Sciences has particular strengths in the areas of industrial hygiene and occupational health, aerosol science, air pollution, spatiotemporal exposure assessment and epidemiologic research, and health equity, as well as in big data. While many faculty in the Department of Environmental Health Sciences engage in policy-related and community-engaged research, we are seeking an individual who can increase our capacity and impact in these areas, and develop into a leader for our organization.
UCLA and Fielding School of Public Health are firmly committed to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion. We seek applicants who demonstrate a commitment to advancing equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging via their research, teaching, and/or service, and all applicants are required to submit a statement that addresses their past efforts and future plans in these areas. Letters of recommendation will be solicited from references following an initial screening review.
Basic Qualifications (required at time of application)
Applicants must hold a doctoral degree (PhD, DrPH, ScD, or equivalent) in a relevant discipline by time of appointment, July 1, 2024.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vita
- Statement of research – A research statement highlighting scholarly contributions of recent research and plans for the near future.
- Papers Exemplifying Research Accomplishments – Up to 3
- Statement of teaching – Teaching statement outlining your teaching philosophy and the general content of one class you would like to teach.
- Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion – An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our EDI Statement FAQ document.
- Reference check authorization release form – Complete and upload the reference check authorization release form
- Self Statement – A brief statement summarizing your activities in the areas of research, teaching, and/or service.
- Teaching Evaluation (if applicable) (Optional)Reference requirements
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
Names and contact information of three references.
To apply, please visit: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF09093
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy, https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/DiscHarassAffirmAction
198 total views, 4 today