Faculty Associate or Full Professor (Ladder Rank/In-Residence), Psychiatry
Associate or Full Professor (Ladder Rank/In-Residence) Psychiatry
University of California San Diego
The ACTRI (https://medschool.ucsd.edu/research/actri/about/Pages/default.aspx) at UC San Diego, in collaboration with the department of Psychiatry in the School of Medicine, seeks candidates for a tenured faculty position at the Professor rank. The ACTRI was established in 2010 to provide infrastructure and support for basic, translational, and clinical research throughout UC San Diego and the San Diego region; expedite the translation of discoveries into therapies; and facilitate the training and education of the next generation of researchers.
The ACTRI is recruiting a senior faculty member to direct its Education, Training and Career Development (ETCD) Program. ETCD oversees multiple clinical research education programs:
- KL2, an institutional K award that supports junior faculty
- TL1, institutional T awards that funds pre-doctoral medical and pharmacy students for three-month or one-year experiences, and postdoctoral researchers of various backgrounds for two-year mentored training in advanced clinical and translational research
- Clinical Research Enhancement and Supplemental Training (CREST), a modular curriculum for a broad range of learners seeking instruction on clinical and translational research.
The program also manages seminars and other educational programs to enhance diversity of trainees, and the CTRI Mentoring Academy. The Director will be responsible for compiling information for annual reporting to the NIH, and will be required to assist with content for competing renewal applications. The incumbent will interact with ETCD Directors at other institutions to consider opportunities for collaboration. This position reports to the CTRI Director.
Candidates must have a M.D., M.D./Ph.D. or Ph.D degree. The successful applicant candidate will be expected to have a background in basic, translational and clinical research, extramural funding, and experience in directing a successful multifaceted training and/or career development program in a school of medicine. Candidates with experience with or willingness to engage in activities that contribute to diversity and inclusion are especially encouraged to apply.
For applicants with interest in spousal/partner employment, please see the Partner Opportunities Program (https://aps.ucsd.edu/services/pop/index.html).
Candidates must fulfill criteria for Full Professor rank in the Ladder Rank series. Series will include 50% Ladder Rank (tenured) and 50% In-Residence with secured extramural funding. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on the University of California pay scales. The position will remain open until filled.
A link to full descriptions of the Ladder Rank and In-Residence series is provided for your review:
Ladder Rank Professor – see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-220.pdf
In-Residence Professor – see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-270.pdf
Applications must be submitted through the University of California San Diego’s Academic Personnel RECRUIT system at: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF02262.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
San Diego, CA
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Teaching Interests and Evaluations (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
To apply, please visit: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF02262