Faculty Assistant Professor, Management (19-05DFM)
The Department of Management anticipates hiring an Assistant Professor into our undergraduate business school beginning June 22, 2020. The ideal candidates will demonstrate a teaching and mentoring record at the undergraduate college level and research interests in Management or Marketing disciplines including: marketing, organizational behavior, entrepreneurship, human resource management, or other management related topics. The initial appointment will be for three years. Rolling reappointments of four years in length are possible based upon an assessment of performance, Air Force and departmental needs, and funding availability. The opportunity exists to be promoted to Associate Professor and Professor.
The United States Air Force Academy, located just north of Colorado Springs, Colorado, is an undergraduate institution which awards a Bachelor of Science degree as part of its mission to educate, train, and inspire men and women to become officers of character, motivated to lead the United States Air Force in service to our nation. Essential qualities expected of every faculty member include the personal attributes of integrity, cooperation, initiative, and breadth of intellectual interests. Additional information about the school and the Department of Management (Business School) are available from the website, (https://www.usafa.edu/department/management/). For additional information about USAFA or the Department of Management (Business School) please contact Dr. Kurt Heppard (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Cyndy Cycyota (Cynthia.email@example.com).
Successful candidates will demonstrate the potential for teaching excellence and sustained intellectual contributions as evidenced by a record that would qualify as an AACSB Scholarly Academic, and have a strong record of institutional service. An earned doctorate completed no later than June 22, 2020, in marketing, management, or a related field from an AACSB accredited or equivalent quality program is required. The twelve-month salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
It is highly desired that your cover letter and/or curriculum vitae address the following areas, as appropriate:
- Teaching Accomplishments:Include teaching experience, expertise, awards, evaluations/student critiques, course development efforts, and student project descriptions.
- Professional Accomplishments:Include peer-reviewed publications, conference presentations, working papers, and awards. Relevance of publications and degrees to the fields listed is strongly preferred. Evidence of ability to maintain Scholarly Academic (SA) status consistent with AACSB standards through continuous scholarly activities is also desirable.
- Service Accomplishments:Include memberships, leadership roles, and the nature of contributions to university, professional organizations and societies, community organizations, and professional accreditations.
- Diversity:Include teaching, life experience, and/or research interests that contribute to a climate that values and uses diversity in all its forms. Your cover letter should include a brief statement of your approach to including these concepts in your classroom.
- Educational accomplishments:Please include all degree information in your Curriculum Vitae. OFFICIAL academic transcripts will be expected for all semi-finalists for the position but are not required for the initial application.
Initial Application Submission
- Letter of application (cover letter including statement of diversity)
- Curriculum vitae (resume)
- Statement of U.S. citizenship: A statement indicating your country of citizenship (i.e. “I am a citizen of _______.”) is required to be included on your cover letter or curriculum vitae
- Veterans’ preference documents, if applicable (i.e. DD-214 or Proof of Service letter (if active duty military), SF-15, Veterans Affairs letter for federal employment)
- OFFICIAL copies of ALL transcripts that also reflect the degree awarded/conferred date.
- For a transcript to be considered OFFICIAL, it should be printed on university letterhead and the registrar’s seal/signature must appear on the transcript. Applicants MUST provide original copies of ALL transcripts for degrees being pursued or obtained (or letter of degree completion if a transcript is not available due to recent graduation) to support educational claims stated in the curriculum vitae. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- U.S. Equivalency from a Department of Education approved (non-federal) credentialing agency (i.e. AICE, NACES), who will complete a U.S. Standard of Education Conversion for education completed in foreign colleges or universities.
- Education completed in foreign colleges or universities (e.g. Oxford) may be used to meet requirements, but applicants must obtain a statement of U.S. equivalency from a Department of Education approved (non-federal) credentialing agency.
- List of three professional references (to include name, complete mailing address, email, and phone number)
TO APPLY: Complete applications must be submitted via e-mailed to:
- Email: USAFAFacultyJobs@us.af.mil
- Subject line: #19-05DFM – Assistant Professor of Management
- Documents: All required documents must be attached to ONE email. An incomplete application will result in non-consideration. A complete application package will include a letter of application (cover letter), curriculum vitae, and a statement of citizenship.
- For more information after June 28,2019 please go to: https://www.usajobs.gov/and search for Title: Assistant Professor and Location: United States Air Force Academy.
- Applications must be received by August 20, 2019.
The Federal Government is an equal opportunity employer. U.S. Citizenship required.