Administrative Dean of Business, Information Technology, & Public Services
Join Our Team!
Valencia College is seeking a Dean Business, Information Technology, & Public Services for the East Campuses, to join our dedicated and collaborative team of educational leaders. As one of the largest community colleges in Florida, Valencia College helps shape the lives of more than 61,000 students each year. But it’s not our size that makes us great. We strive to ensure that equal access to higher education belongs to everyone, because the future does, too.
Valencia’s students reflect the diversity of our service district, and the college is searching for a leader who is deeply committed to making a difference in students’ lives by helping them succeed beyond earning a degree and by standing in the gap between what is and what can be.
Recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education, we understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment that fosters collaboration and creativity and achieving a true work/life balance.
The Dean of Business, Information Technology, & Public Services is a front-line learning leader of the college and member of the East & Winter Park Region Campus President’s Executive team. The dean is responsible for promoting academic, administrative and fiscal leadership in accordance with Valencia’s Strategic Learning Plan. This position reports to the East & Winter Park Campus President.
Join an organization committed to helping our students reach their full potential by providing them with the right opportunities, the right tools and the right support. And that begins with recruiting the right talent. Leaders. Inspirers. Motivators.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (required) or higher in a related field; Doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
- Leadership experience appropriate to a senior leadership role in higher education.
- Great understanding of and commitment to the learning-centered community college.
- Experience in teaching and learning, including direct experience in teaching.
- Experience in financial analysis, budget development and the design and assessment of administrative support systems.
- Experience in analyzing, interpreting and disseminating student engagement, academic and outcome data
- Excellent interpersonal skills that facilitate effective interactions with campus and college learning leaders, staff and students.
- Ability and commitment to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Please click here for more information about this position.
Anticipated Salary: $94,834 – $116,172 per Year
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical and dental benefits
- Generous paid time off – vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more…
Location: Orlando, FL – East Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal. As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter, resumeor any applicable documents related to this position.
Closing Date: Friday, May 7, 2021
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.