Administrative Dean of Communications
Join Our Team!
Valencia College is seeking a Dean of Communications for our West Campus, to join our dedicated team of educational leaders. Join an organization committed to helping our students reach their full potential by providing them with the right opportunities, the right tools and the right support.
The Dean of Communications is a front-line learning leader of the college and a member of the Campus President’s executive staff, responsible for promoting academic, administrative and fiscal leadership in accordance with Valencia’s Strategic Learning Plan.
Recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education, we understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment that fosters collaboration and creativity and achieving a true work/life balance.
As one of the largest community colleges in Florida, Valencia College helps shape the lives of more than 75,000 students each year. But it’s not our size that makes us great. We strive to ensure that equal access to higher education belongs to everyone because the future does, too.
Valencia’s students reflect the diversity of our service district, and the college is searching for a leader who is deeply committed to making a difference in students’ lives by helping them succeed beyond earning a degree and by standing in the gap between what is and what can be.
Please Click Here for more information about this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution [required] or higher in English, Journalism, Mass Communication, literature, linguistics, applied linguistics, OR MFA in Writing, Creative Writing OR a Master’s degree plus 18 graduate semester hours in English, literature, writing, linguistics, or applied linguistics.
- Teaching or work-related experience in the field.
- Administrative experience.
- Experience in financial analysis, budget development and the design and assessment of administrative support systems.
- Experience with grant and grant management.
- Leadership and supervisory experience of faculty and administrative staff.
- Experience with supporting, managing, and assessing division programs that will support student learning.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, including the ability to anticipate needs and concerns.
- Leadership experience in providing conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation of student, staff and faculty concerns.
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Anticipated Salary: $94,834 – $116,172 Per Year Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical and dental benefits
- Generous paid time off – vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more…
Location: Orlando, FL 32811 – West Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal. As one of the fastest-growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter, resumeor any applicable documents related to this position.
Closing Date: Friday, May 7, 2021
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.