Administrative Dean of Students
Join Our Team!
Valencia College seeks a collaborative, dedicated and passionate leader to serve as the Dean of Students for our West Campus. The Dean of Students is a critical front-line learning leader responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, and assessing programs and processes that assure that learning outcomes are achieved in support of the learning-centered focus of Valencia’s vision, values, and mission.
This is a highly collaborative role, that will allow you to work with nationally recognized faculty and staff, dedicated Student Affairs Leaders, Deans, students, and our community. This position reports directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs and represents student affairs as a member of the Campus President’s executive staff.
As one of the largest community colleges in Florida, Valencia College helps shape the lives of more than 75,000 students each year. But it’s not our size that makes us great. We strive to ensure that equal access to higher education belongs to everyone, because the future does, too.
Serving the greater metro Orlando area, Valencia’s campuses are located near Walt Disney World and the tourist corridor, in which many local residents work. The college’s program offerings seek both to support the tourism industry as well as diversify employment opportunities in the region and enable economic mobility. Valencia students are able to leverage a unique partnership called DirectConnect to UCF that guarantees admission to the University of Central Florida for any student who completes an Associate in Arts degree.
Valencia’s students reflect the diversity of our service district, and the college is searching for a leader who is deeply committed to making a difference in students’ lives by helping them succeed beyond earning a degree and by standing in the gap between what is and what can be.
Join an organization committed to helping students reach their full potential by providing them with the right opportunities, the right tools, and the right support. And that begins with recruiting the right talent. Leaders. Inspirers. Motivators.
Recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education, we understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment that promotes collaboration, creativity and the achievement of a true work/life balance.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (required) or higher in higher education administration/student personnel, counseling, or related discipline
- Significant work experience in the Student Affairs profession, preferably in a multi-campus institution
- Leadership and supervisory experience of professional-level staff
- Experience with program development, implementation, and assessment as well as in designing student advising systems that support student learning
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding student services
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral, written, and presentation skills; exceptional listening skills.
- Leadership experience in providing conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation of student, staff and faculty concerns
- Strong multitasking abilities and the ability to meet work deadlines.
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free immediate medical and dental benefits
- Generous paid time off – vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more…
Location: Valencia’s West Campus – Orlando, FL 32835
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest-growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Salary: $94,834 – $116,172
Closing Date: Friday, October 18, 2019, at 7:00 PM EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.