Administrative Campus President, East & Winter Park Campuses
Valencia College seeks a dynamic, passionate, and visionary leader to serve as the Campus President for our East and Winter Park Campuses. One of three campus presidents at Valencia, the Campus President, reports directly to Valencia College President Sandy Shugart and is a member of his Senior Team.
The role of campus president is a high-profile and highly influential role that represents a unique opportunity to transform lives in Central Florida and beyond. Our Campus Presidents lead Valencia College’s efforts to make significant improvements in student learning outcomes at a learning-centered college, provide leadership for our dynamic and rapidly growing campuses, and deeply engage with a diverse community to increase access to higher education.
Valencia College is a member of the Florida College System, a network of 28 state colleges under the purview of the Florida Department of Education, and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education, we understand the importance of fostering a collegial environment that fosters collaboration and creativity, and achieving a true work/life balance.
Valencia has been named by HBCU Connect as one of its top 50 employers for recruitment efforts targeting students and graduates from our nation’s Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
Serving the greater metro Orlando area, Valencia’s program offerings seek to support and diversify employment opportunities in the region and enable economic mobility.
As the second-largest state college in Florida, Valencia served nearly 78,000 students during the 2018-19 academic year. The East region, comprised of the East and Winter Park Campuses, served more than 30,000 students during the same period, or nearly 39% of the College’s total. Valencia College has a diverse student body, with over 63% coming from historically underrepresented populations and learners from 132 countries.
But it’s not our size that makes us great; it’s our quality of education and our commitment to helping students reach their full potential by providing them with the right opportunities, the right tools, and the right support. And that begins with recruiting the right talent.
East and Winter Park Campus Leadership
The Campus President is the chief academic and operating officer of the region, responsible for providing academic, administrative and fiscal leadership in accordance with Valencia College’s strategic plan. The Campus President supervises ten deans who provide oversight to large academic areas. As the senior learning leader for East and Winter Park Campuses, the primary role is to ensure significant and measurable improvements in learning within a supportive environment.
As a premier learning college dedicated to inquiry, results and excellence, Valencia College’s culture is deeply collaborative. The most competitive candidates will exhibit extraordinarily collaborative leadership and work well within teams, using the College’s mission as guideposts.
If you meet the criteria listed below, and your personal mission and values are aligned with this role, please visit our career site and submit your candidacy at: https://valenciacollege.edu/employees/employment-at-valencia/campus-president-search
The ideal candidates will have:
- Education and experience commensurate to a doctorate from a regionally accredited institution
- A track record of successful leadership in a large, multi-campus, open-access organization setting
- Collaborative work and leadership styles
- Creative visionary abilities with strong implementation skills
- A deep focus on and a demonstrated track record of community outreach
- The ability to articulate a well-though-out student-centered philosophy
- Strong academic acumen and an understanding that faculty members lead that vital work
- Successful teaching experience
- Keen intellectual and analytical ability needed for success in Valencia’s dynamic environment
- A comfort level for ambiguity and change
- A sophisticated understanding of systems
- Outstanding communication skills – writing, speaking, listening
- Superb character, transparency and empathy
- Humility, approachability and an executive presence
- Demonstrated multicultural sensitivity and awareness with an equity mindset of valuing all people
- Entrepreneurial mindset to work effectively with the business community
Please click here to view a complete job description for this position.
Learn More about the East and Winter Park Campuses and to submit your candidacy: https://valenciacollege.edu/employees/employment-at-valencia/campus-president-search/
Total Rewards and Compensation
Should you be selected to join Valencia College as a Campus President, you will not only experience the intrinsic value of Valencia’s transformative work, but you will also be eligible for a comprehensive Total Rewards package. The Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary and an array of benefits designed to support your health and wellness, as well as professional development.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package features:
- Free medical and dental benefits
- Generous paid time off including vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more …
Salary range advertised: $165,000 – $186,000 per year
Closing Date:March 26, 2020, at 7 p.m. EDT
Nomination and Application process
To submit your candidacy and apply to this position, please complete an online application and include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and five professional references with email addresses and telephone numbers. References will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant.
The application review process will begin in the last week of March 2020 and continue until a selection is made. To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by Thursday, March 26, 2020.
To learn more and submit your candidacy please visit our career site: https://valenciacollege.edu/employees/employment-at-valencia/campus-president-search/
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.