Professional Civil Rights Investigator, Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Civil Rights Investigator, Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Requisition Number: S01068P: Affirmative Action Office
Position Category: Staff
Campus Location: Weber State University – Ogden, UT
Hours Per Week: 40
Months Per Year: 12
Alternate Work Schedule:
Pay Grade: E33
Hourly Pay Rate:
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Civil Rights Investigator, Deputy Title IX Coordinator will conduct intake, screen and investigate if appropriate matters alleged to violate University policy or Title IX. In addition, the Investigator will perform policy analysis and write reports. This position will serve as the acting Title IX Coordinator as needed. The position will also conduct training and give presentations to student, staff and faculty groups, and, in addition to coordinating the University’s Affirmative Action Plan, will also work with Disability Services to ensure institutional access and equity for students with disabilities.
A Juris Doctor degree with at least one year of relevant experience;
OR a Master’s Degree in a field related to criminal justice, law, social work, compliance, investigations, policy or procedure and at least two years of experiencing conducting investigations and writing reports summarizing findings and making recommendations;
OR a Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to criminal justice, law, social work, compliance, investigations, policy or procedure and at least five years of experience conducting investigations and writing reports summarizing findings and making recommendations.
- Ability to communicate in a variety of formats on sensitive matters and collaborate with a wide variety of people, including administrators, faculty, staff, students, community partners and law enforcement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture and ethnic background, and to maintain good working relationships across campus.
- Demonstrated ability to use judgment and manage confidential information.
- Strong ability to conduct impartial and well documented investigations.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to write timely and effective reports and create effective training materials.
- Strong ability to efficiently and effectively analyze facts, spot issues, apply facts to policy, and distill information into a concise but thorough report.
- Demonstrated commitment to due process and evidence-based decision making.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, build trust and positive relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and to respond effectively to competing deadlines and workflows.
- Experience in conflict resolution and/or alternative dispute resolution, including mediation; or a demonstrated interest in becoming highly skilled in this area.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with word processing, presentation software, spreadsheets and similar office tools.
- Higher education administration experience, or knowledge of and experience using databases typically seen in higher education settings, such as Banner and Simplicity.
- Training and experience in trauma informed interviewing skills.
- Experience working in an office that administers equal opportunity, affirmative action, compliance issues, and/or a police or other investigative office.
- Experience conducting trainings in a variety of formats, with an emphasis on interactive and situational trainings.
Background Check? Yes
WSU offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, a wellness program with release time and paid incentives, tuition benefits, free tickets to athletic and performing arts events, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Job Open Date: 03/21/2022
Review Date: 04/11/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Notes to Applicant:
The annual salary for this position starts at $55,000 and may go up from there depending on candidate qualifications. The position comes with a generous benefits package.
To apply, please complete the online application and attach the following:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references familiar with the candidate’s work
- Writing sample, such as an investigative report or other similar document
- Philosophy statement on handling civil rights investigations on college campuses
For qualification determination, your application and/or resume must contain average number of hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be considered incomplete.
Screening of applications will begin April 11, 2022. Position will remain open until filled.
Criminal background check required as a condition of employment.
Physical Activity of this position: Expressing or exchanging ideas. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important instructions to other workers accurately or quickly. , Ability to receive detailed information with or without assistance., Moving about to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Physical Requirements of this position: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or consistently to move objects, including the human body. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing only occasionally if ever.
Visual Acuity Requirements including color, depth perception and field of vision: Required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; using a computer terminal; extensive reading.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position: None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
To apply, visit https://jobs.weber.edu/postings/16040
Weber State University is an EOE/Minorities/Female/Vet/Disability employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.